SS. Peter & Paul Catholic School dates back to 1913 when the parish organist began teaching children in the parish hall at Scarbro, West Virginia. The following year, a school building was erected and it served as the parish school until 1967.Changing economic conditions and the resulting population shift led to Oak Hill, West Virginia, being the population center of the area. In 1967, the new Ss. Peter & Paul Catholic School was completed and classes started that year in the new facility.
Since moving to Oak Hill, SS. Peter & Paul Catholic School has not only served the Catholic community, but has served the community at large as non-Catholic enrollment has increased.